[asterisk-users] Asterisk CSTA

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon Jul 27 11:49:11 CDT 2009

Jose -
    There have been several discussions about an Asterisk/OSS CSTA
gateway or API extension set, but it's a fairly complex undertaking
which to my knowledge has not been completed or even started in
earnest by anyone yet.  Personally, I think that an Asterisk-based
CSTA API would be great - it would open a huge number of "enterprise"
applications up for plug-and-play use (or at least, much closer to
plug-and-play than they are today.)  If you're interested in
developing such a beast, take the conversation to the asterisk-dev
mailing list and start to put some code on the screen.  :-)

Obvious, but relevant URLs:
   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=csta+asterisk&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscsta/
   http://www.opencsta.org/