[asterisk-users] using asterisk on a shared line

Pascal Bruno tipascal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:54:37 CDT 2009

Just a little clarification for people refering to Asterisk as a PBX
and not an Answering Machine:

In fact, Asterisk is neither a PBX nor an Answering Machine. Asterisk
is a Telephony Toolkit. You can choose to use it as a PBX or an
Answering Machine or both or even in some case as a something
different than a PBX or Answering Machine. You should know that
already, so this is just a reminder :-)

Sent from my iPod