[asterisk-users] using asterisk on a shared line

Tom Browning ttbrowning at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:31:09 CDT 2009

> >Yeah, except in the OP he mentions that he wants or is at least using
> Asterisk VM so your solution does not meet his needs.

Ah, yes.  My config would not allow Asterisk to be a part time voicemail
destination.  In my config, the POTS line has its own voicemail (it is
actually a Comcast line and Comcast provided voicemail).  I need Comcast
provided voicemail to be the final destination on that line if noone answers
and if the house is totally offline (power or broadband).  (Comcast has
bigger batteries than I do)