[asterisk-users] Generic question about PBX PRI installs

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:36:16 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Jerry Geis<geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Anyway as example. the last customer I told the above information. He
> set up the PBX
> and I can make 4 digit calls successfully, 7 digit and long distance are
> not successful.

I don't know what's going wrong, but the obvious applies:
* enable debugging / logging, and find out what the errors say
* if you need to dial a prefix for an outside line, say 7 / 8 / 9 / 1
you will need to continue using that prefix to dial the outside line.
Either the PBX or asterisk needs to compensate so that calls play nice
with each other
* when in doubt, get a local shell on the box and then tell the people
what you changed