[asterisk-users] Generic question about PBX PRI installs

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jul 15 08:40:39 CDT 2009

Hi all,

We we send a server out to a customer with a PRI card I basically
tell the PBX person that we want national, NI2, b8zs, D channel is on 24,
and we are the CPE and your the NET and us a cross over cable.
Allow extensions, local calls and long distance.

on the surface I would have thought this would be enough for them to
connect the digium card to the PBX and get calls working.

The PBX guy "seems" to always complain about how he has MANY options
and thats not enough information...

What else am I supposed to supply this person. Are they not the PBX
expert?...

Anyway as example. the last customer I told the above information. He
set up the PBX
and I can make 4 digit calls successfully, 7 digit and long distance are
not successful.
They are hitting some error condition that the call is going to the
switch board.
So the connection is working just not completely working.
This is connecting to a nortel 1000 pbx.

I dont know anything about a nortel switch to them what to change.

What should I be supplying to these PBX guys to get the installs going
smoother and quicker?

Jerry