[asterisk-users] Callback / Camp / Extention Free notify?

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Wed Jan 28 23:07:44 CST 2009

You're right--he's looking for a camp-on feature, but the campon link that
you found is more of a queuing feature.

A properly-implemented camp-on feature has some advantages.

The caller has full use of their phone while waiting for the call-back. They
can make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls. They don't need to keep
the handset to their ear or listen to music-on-hold in their headset.

The called party won't be bothered by an incoming call unless the caller is
actually prepared to talk to them (if you're waiting in-queue for 45
minutes, there is a .993 probability that the call will be answered in the
three minutes while you duck out to go to the bathroom).

  --Don

Don Kelly
PCF Corp
People Come First