[asterisk-users] Callback / Camp / Extention Free notify?

Daniel Johnson dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au
Wed Jan 28 22:53:46 CST 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> I think you are looking to use a "campon" feature.  Try this:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+campon

Hi Jeff,

Yes I have seen this feature. Its a half implementation of what we require.
The difference being that you must wait on the phone until the dialed
party becomes available (be it on hold or continuous dial).

 From my original email, the description of out old systems callback
feature:

It worked as follows. If phone A called phone B and it was BUSY, you
press a button to enable a callback.
User A is free to continue work or make other calls.
What this meant is that when both phones became free, phone A would
ring, on answer it would call phone B automatically and the call
connected as per normal.

Thanks for your input,

*Daniel Johnson*
Systems Administrator / Systems Development
Scanning Systems Australia

Scanning Systems Australia

*Office:* +61 7 3387 5555
*Facsimile:* +61 7 3387 5588
*E-mail:* dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au <mailto:dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au>
*Website:* http://www.scanningsystems.com.au

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify the sender and do
not make any use of the email. We do not waive any privilege,
confidentiality or copyright associated with it.