[asterisk-users] Callback / Camp / Extention Free notify?

Daniel Johnson dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au
Wed Jan 28 23:18:18 CST 2009

Don Kelly wrote:
> You're right--he's looking for a camp-on feature, but the campon link that
> you found is more of a queuing feature.
>
> A properly-implemented camp-on feature has some advantages.
>
> The caller has full use of their phone while waiting for the call-back. They
> can make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls. They don't need to keep
> the handset to their ear or listen to music-on-hold in their headset.
>
> The called party won't be bothered by an incoming call unless the caller is
> actually prepared to talk to them (if you're waiting in-queue for 45
> minutes, there is a .993 probability that the call will be answered in the
> three minutes while you duck out to go to the bathroom).

Yes this appears to be what I am looking for.
Do you know of any sites that should how to implement it correctly.
As the sites that I have found are all like the voip-info wiki that Jeff
sent.
Or even some snipits from dialplan?

Regards

*Daniel Johnson*
Systems Administrator / Systems Development
Scanning Systems Australia

Scanning Systems Australia

*Office:* +61 7 3387 5555
*Facsimile:* +61 7 3387 5588