[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 dahdi only?

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Jan 27 17:09:17 CST 2009

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+howto+dial+plan
> There must be a hundred of these and I don't know where they are
> listed with all acceptable parameters and ranges and what they do and
> why.  There are examples to get one started, but I don't think I can
> put my hands on even a definitive definition of exten.  Am I making
> any sense?  Maybe these are called variables or something.
all the "parameters" as you call them are the dialplan commands and
functions

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20extensions.conf

   exten => 123,1,Answer
   exten => 123,2,Playback(tt-weasels)
   exten => 123,3,Voicemail(44)
   exten => 123,4,Hangup

if the number 123 is called,
    step1: answer the call
    step2: run the application called Playback, using the tt-weasels
sound file (this plays tt-weasels to whoever called 123)
    step3: run the voicemail application for mailbox 44
    step4: hangup the call

iow, 123 is the called extension, and steps 1,2,3,4 are then executed

Julian