[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 dahdi only?

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Tue Jan 27 16:25:09 CST 2009

Thanks for engaging with me on this.  I picked up the book and I see what you mean about Appendix B.  I had under-appreciated it probably because of a paradigm shift I need to make.  I think you meant Appendix E rather than F for dialplan.

I still am not quite on the same page with you, though.  There are a lot of commands that aren't function calls that go into various config files.  The most basic and obvious one is
    exten
There must be a hundred of these and I don't know where they are listed with all acceptable parameters and ranges and what they do and why.  There are examples to get one started, but I don't think I can put my hands on even a definitive definition of exten.  Am I making any sense?  Maybe these are called variables or something.

I'm scared to even look for the setting for an NT1 ISDN BRI, which is the mountain I have to climb next.

Wilton