[asterisk-users] Digium TE220 supported protocol

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Sun Jan 18 15:50:17 CST 2009

Laurent a écrit :
> I read somewhere (can't remember where, sorry) that "double
> framing" is equivalent to "basic framing". Presumably it is also
> equivalent to "no crc". If that's correct, then I would say you
> can use the same setup as you have with FT, it looks good to me.

Ok, thanks
> As regards the cable to be used,
> [...]
> yes, if both sides have the same pin assignments then I'm pretty
> sure you should use a crossover cable.
>
> Exact pin assignment for crossover is
>
> Pin 1 --- Pin 4
> Pin 2 --- Pin 5
> Pin 4 --- Pin 1
> Pin 5 --- Pin 2
>
> Not *totally sure* mind you, because I had a recent experience
> with a Telco where a straight cable should have worked, but
> didn't, so I built a crossover cable and that worked...

Well, the telcos techs said a straight cable should do the trick, but
since i didn't get any isdn link up
with the straight, i built a crossover like what you described, with no
luck either.

I'm starting to wonder if the gateway has been configured on their side
or not. They must came back to 'test and validate the line'
so i'll have to wait until that since they don't wan't me to look into
the gateway configuration.. :(