[asterisk-users] Digium TE220 supported protocol

Laurent asterisk at voip.nc
Sun Jan 18 15:14:48 CST 2009

Hello Benoit,

Le 16.01.2009 22:29, Benoit a écrit :

> And work quite well, i've duplicated this for the access thru the One400
> box:
>     span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3
>     bchan=32-46
>     dchan=47
>
> With no luck until now. I'm reading the one400 manual, and here are the
> defaults setup for the PRI interface:
>
>               CLI(config)# interface pri 5/0
>               CLI(config-if)# physical-interface E1
>               CLI(config-if)# framing Df
>               CLI(config-if)# linecode hdb3
>
> And here are the available framing:
>
>            CLI(config-e1)# framing {none | df | mf | emf}
>     Specifies the framing type.
>         None: no framing. Only used for CES / unstructured mode
>         Df: double frame, no CRC4. For E1 only. (Default value)
>         Mf: multiframe (CRC4). For E1 only
>         Emf: extended multiframe (CRC4). For E1 only.
>         Sf: Super-frame (for T1 only)
>         Esf: extended super frame (for T1 only)
>

> However there is no references to this 'double frame' mode in the
> dahdi/system.conf span configuration options
> # framing::
> #   one of 'd4' or 'esf' for T1 or 'cas' or 'ccs' for E1 and BRI.
> #  'd4' could be referred to as 'sf' or 'superframe'

I read somewhere (can't remember where, sorry) that "double
framing" is equivalent to "basic framing". Presumably it is also
equivalent to "no crc". If that's correct, then I would say you
can use the same setup as you have with FT, it looks good to me.

As regards the cable to be used,

> Also, i've used a straight Cat5E to connect the One400 to the TE220, both
> seem to share the same Pin setup:
>     One 400:
>
>     1: RX (+)
>     2: RX (-)
>     4: TX (+)
>     5: TX (-)
>

>     TE 220:
>
>     1: RX
>     2: RX
>     4: TX
>     5: TX
>

> Should i do some special crossing cable instead ? connecting Tx from one
> side to other side Rx ?

yes, if both sides have the same pin assignments then I'm pretty
sure you should use a crossover cable.

Exact pin assignment for crossover is

Pin 1 --- Pin 4
Pin 2 --- Pin 5
Pin 4 --- Pin 1
Pin 5 --- Pin 2

Not *totally sure* mind you, because I had a recent experience
with a Telco where a straight cable should have worked, but
didn't, so I built a crossover cable and that worked...

--
Laurent Steffan               Consultant VOIP
Web:  http://VOIP.nc