[asterisk-users] Patton SmartNode 4638 and ISDN2e

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Thu Jan 15 12:02:19 CST 2009

Hello

Does anyone have any experience with configuring BT (British Telecom)
ISDN2e lines to work with Patton SmartNodes?

I have a Patton SmartNode 4638, which is now connected to 3 x ISDN2e
lines - and in turn connected to our internal LAN.  I'm having huge
issues configuring the SmartNode to successfully "see" the ISDN channels
- and to be honest, I'm lost as to how to then route those calls to
Asterisk?  The instructions, user guide and website all assume a
knowledge of the technology/terminology that I just don't have :-(

Has anyone had to do anything similar, and if so would you be able to
provide some guidance in plain English?  There's a beer in it for the
person that can help me get an incoming call from the ISDN2e line to my
Asterisk SIP phone first  - and another beer for getting a call from my
SIP phone, through Asterisk and out over the SmartNode and ISDN lines
:-)

Thanks in advance

Phil