[asterisk-users] Could you compile mISDN 1.1.8 on Lenny ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Jan 10 05:42:57 CST 2009

2009/1/10 Benoit <maverick at maverick.eu.org>

> Olivier a écrit :
> >
> > 2009/1/9 Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
> > <mailto:philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>>
> >
> >     Olivier schrieb:
> >     > Before diving into this, I would very pleased to know if someone
> >     could yes
> >     > or no, successfully compile mISDN 1.1.8 on Lenny (latest RC1 or
> >     beta2
> >     > version) ?
> >
> >     >
> >     /usr/src/mISDN-1_1_8/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.c:895:
> >     warning:
> >     > passing argument 2 of 'request_irq' from incompatible pointer type
> >     > make[2]: ***
> >     [/usr/src/mISDN-1_1_8/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.o]
> >     > Erreur 1
> >
> >     Had the same problem.
> >     mISDN is a pain in the a**.
> >     It hardly ever compiles out of the box.
> >

> > Sometimes, I feel a bit discouraged about ISDN/BRI support in Asterisk
> > world ...
> >
> > When I'm thinking back to current bristuff, mISDN and Dahdi, I would
> > say we still have work to do ...
> > Let me summerize it :
> > - mISDN: don't compile on 2.6.26 and above, mailing list not
> > responding these days, any plan or announce to change this ?
> Well, i tkae them quite a long time to make a 2.6.24 compatible release
> (~6 month) and well 2.6.26 is almost 6 month old, maybe it won't last :)

That's precisely the point :
- there's a delay between a software published version and a
production-ready version and that also applies to mISDN,
- it seems the kernel API that changed between 2.6.25 and 2.6.26, was marked
deprecated before being droped (see http://lwn.net/Articles/284472/) (I
don't know how and when this was done )
- Debian Lenny is frozen since and for several monthes now,

- so we can see that things won't get as simple as they could have been and
I feel sorry for that.