[asterisk-users] Could you compile mISDN 1.1.8 on Lenny ?

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Sat Jan 10 05:01:13 CST 2009

Olivier a écrit :

> 2009/1/9 Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
> <mailto:philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>>
>
>     Olivier schrieb:
>     > Before diving into this, I would very pleased to know if someone
>     could yes
>     > or no, successfully compile mISDN 1.1.8 on Lenny (latest RC1 or
>     beta2
>     > version) ?
>
>     >
>     /usr/src/mISDN-1_1_8/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.c:895:
>     warning:
>     > passing argument 2 of 'request_irq' from incompatible pointer type
>     > make[2]: ***
>     [/usr/src/mISDN-1_1_8/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.o]
>     > Erreur 1
>
>     Had the same problem.
>     mISDN is a pain in the a**.
>     It hardly ever compiles out of the box.
>

> Sometimes, I feel a bit discouraged about ISDN/BRI support in Asterisk
> world ...
>
> When I'm thinking back to current bristuff, mISDN and Dahdi, I would
> say we still have work to do ...
> Let me summerize it :
> - mISDN: don't compile on 2.6.26 and above, mailing list not
> responding these days, any plan or announce to change this ?
Well, i tkae them quite a long time to make a 2.6.24 compatible release
(~6 month) and well 2.6.26 is almost 6 month old, maybe it won't last :)
> - bristuff: no 1.6 version announced, "cause 34" bug, ...
> - native Dahdi: still no official version but thanksfully, a 1.6.1 is
> awaited
>
> So the only practical way to support ISDN/BRI today in Europe, is to
> have 2 boxes : one with an up-to-date Asterisk version, one acting as
> a gateway betwen IP network and ISDN.
Another solution maybe those RNIS/TDMoE gateway like red-fone & others.
With only the networked dahdi module you can access
any kind of link (if i read their spec correctly) just using a network
card on the asterisk box. And this can help building a redondant
system