[asterisk-users] switchtype QSIG and Asterisk implementation

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 05:52:36 CST 2009

--- On Wed, 2/25/09, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:

> So if, euroisdn support has been dropped in the PBX
> you're trying to
> inconnect with, that may come from the company that
> installed this PBX and
> deliberately choosed to drop euroisdn feature, for a
> reason.

I "trust" this company and they are saying that Alcatel suggested us to switch to QSIG because EuroISDN is not supported.
This company is asking Alcatel to fix this issue and we're waiting for a feedback.

> 2. Alcatel 4400 is a very old product. I'm also
> surprised it still gets
> software updates though it was possible to upgrade it to an
> OmniPCX which is
> the current Alcatel PBX.

Our system is an "omnipcx enterprise oxe" (we still know it as a "4400").

> 3. Anyway, how is your current setup ?
> Public ISDN  --<BRI or PRI> --- Asterisk ---<BRI
> or PRI> --- Alcatel 4400

Public ISDN -- Asterisk -- PRI -- Alcatel 4400