[asterisk-users] switchtype QSIG and Asterisk implementation

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:46:05 CST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Vieri <rentorbuy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is Asterisk "fully QSIG-compliant"?
>
> I currently have an Alcatel 4400 connected to Asterisk 1.2 and 1.4.
> Zaptel versions are 1.2.26 and 1.4.11.
That is a good question. I had the same dilemma here. Finally I am
using my OXE via Q.SIG but does not know call transfer and other
functions are implemented or not. I have found same documents as you.
Unfortunately no useful help even here nor Alcatel forums. For making
clear I am not bitching and many many thanks and respect for every
help I have received from here just I did not received any useful
answer on this topic yet.

The libpri 1.4.9 have some new features but no details. From changelog:

"2008-10-17 16:13 +0000 [r636]  Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com>

        * pri.c, pri_internal.h, pri_q931.h, q931.c, pri_facility.c,
          pri_facility.h, libpri.h: Merging in additional Q.SIG features in
          #13454. Includes Q.SIG physical/logical channel mapping support,
          extended coding of Q.SIG name operations (calling name), and call
          rerouting support via added dialplan application."

What "added dialplan application" means in this context? New parameter
to dial? Might a new function?

Bye,