[asterisk-users] switchtype QSIG and Asterisk implementation

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:04:45 CST 2009

2009/2/25 Vieri <rentorbuy at yahoo.com>

> However, it seems that Alcatel's latest firmware has dropped support for
> euroisdn

1. That is very surprising as I would classify QSIG to a private
PBX-to-private PBX protocol, not a private PBX-to-public ISDN.
If this classification is true, it would be a "commercial suicide" for
Alcatel to narrow its targeted customers to those living in countries where
Alcatel PBX are mostly sold by Telcos (in think it's the case in Italy but
not in France, for instance) as those are the only ones that can change
protocol used to interconnect with public ISDN.

So if, euroisdn support has been dropped in the PBX you're trying to
inconnect with, that may come from the company that installed this PBX and
deliberately choosed to drop euroisdn feature, for a reason.

2. Alcatel 4400 is a very old product. I'm also surprised it still gets
software updates though it was possible to upgrade it to an OmniPCX which is
the current Alcatel PBX.

3. Anyway, how is your current setup ?
Public ISDN  --<BRI or PRI> --- Asterisk ---<BRI or PRI> --- Alcatel 4400

4. From my poor understanding of libpri, Asterisk complies with parts of
QSIG standards. I tried hard to find a doc describing Asterisk QSIG features
but couldn't find anything.