[asterisk-users] Please help test the gender detection module at 575-613-4392

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Feb 20 12:48:10 CST 2009

Slightly off-topic,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:29:57AM -0800, Asterisk Asterisk wrote:
> I need your help: please help test the gender detection module at
> 575-613-4392.
>
> I wrote a gender detection module and thought I'd try it out. It only
> takes a second. I've been showing 90%+ accuracy and I want to make
> sure it's working correctly. Rain and significant background noise
> seems to throw it off, so I still have a bit of work to do.
>
> Have your friends and significant others call too. Also, let me know
> if you have any need for the module.
>
> Justin Newman
> nt_jnewman at yahoo.com

When someone I don't know asks me to do something I'd hesitate a bit.
Justin Newman isn't exactly "someone we don't know". However I only
found that out by reading the signature of the message. This message
has several indicators of a spam message:

* The declared name is a completely generic one. This is normally
  indicative of some newbies who have not yet "earned" a name on the
  list.

* The message starts by asking you to call a number.

* No page with further information. Such a page helps to provide further
  verification: I can tell that whoever wrote this message and whoever
  wrote the page are the same.

* Is this module intended to be free software? (As it is not mentioned,
  I guess: "no"). If not, I'm less motivated to help to it.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com