[asterisk-users] Please help test the gender detection module at 575-613-4392

Asterisk Asterisk nt_asterisk at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 13:16:06 CST 2009

You have some good points.

>Justin Newman isn't exactly "someone we don't know". However I only

I agree that my name wasn't clear, but I was trying to avoid getting a bunch of spam myself. I'm not sure if I've personally ever spammed the list and I'm pretty supportive of the community. I have been part of these lists for many many years.

>* The message starts by asking you to call a number.

That was the help needed and it worked. There have been more than 500 different callers now and they keep coming in. I'm going to need help with a second round of testing, after I release the updates today and Sunday, but I haven't figured out how to entice people to test again. I thought about doing an outbound call and most people probably wouldn't care, but I'm anti-spam myself and that sounds like spam to me! Any thoughts?

>* No page with further information. Such a page helps to provide further

I'm open for suggestions. Let me know how I can be more helpful. By the way, thanks everyone for YOUR help!

>* Is this module intended to be free software? (As it is not mentioned,
>  I guess: "no"). If not, I'm less motivated to help to it.

Yes, it's free as in GPL. I'm fine tuning and then releasing to the community. My customer paid to have the base written with the assumption that it would be released GPL, with further community work down the road. Let me know if you have any thoughts, feedback, or suggestions.