[asterisk-users] Polycom Phones start to break up after beingupa LONG time

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Fri Feb 20 12:01:52 CST 2009

Gave you looked to see if other issue may be causing it:

A.	virus could be attacking the Web port on the Polycom and causing
a problem with the trough put, rebooting may change the IP address of
the phone and therefore the virus can't find the phone until later).
B.	Switch may be going bad (is it POE? Maybe Power supply is being
taxed and rebooting resets it)

C    Are you sure it's a Polycom issue. If all phones are affected it
may be something on the PBX. (I had a client that I inherited, that had
the PBX pinholed to the net for SMTP, Web, SSH. There were so many
resources being used by the attacks on the services that Asterisk
started to suffer)

P Kindly consider the environment before printing this e-mail.