[asterisk-users] AGI pdf book

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy megahohol at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 03:27:33 CST 2009

> Big companies, especially those with major computing systems use paid
> software
> because they want a vendor they can hold responsible for it.
>
> As for OSS and FOSS, it is majorly used by the sort of businesses and
> individuals who call me (and other IT pros) up and talk the talk, but they
> don't have a 2 dimes to rub together.
>
> This problem is only going to get worse as the so-called 'recession'
> bites...
> fellow I.T. professionals - get used to your clients trying to weasel free
> service out of you. Everything I am hearing from fellow I.T. people is that
> there is no shortage of 'work' but a lot of clients are resisting paying.

Well it is possible to be responsible for the opensource software also. When
you have a support package you dont really care if it is a 'open' or
'closed' Look at fonality, ok their soft is not 100% open source but if you
take the community edition you still able to subscribe to support, and they
WILL take the responsibility to repair you system in case of disaster. Many
others in this case.