[asterisk-users] Open Source in an Economic Downturn: Asterisk stories needed

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Feb 18 13:33:56 CST 2009

> Perhaps there isn't a downturn in a country with more sheep than people

That's a little harsh, New Zealand is one of those places that really appeals as a decent place to live.

> This could easily turn into a decade long period, with few having any real
> answers.

I think that's somewhat alarmist. Even the most pessimistic assessments over here in the UK seem to indicate around 18 months or so before things start to improve.

At the end of the day, we got ourselves into this mess (cheap credit, lenders not checking people could actually repay their debts, etc.), we have no-one to blame but ourselves.

As others have said, there are opportunities in the the current financial climate that wouldn't otherwise be available.

Regards,

Chris