[asterisk-users] Open Source in an Economic Downturn: Asterisk stories needed

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Wed Feb 18 13:58:49 CST 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:33:56 Chris Bagnall wrote:
> > Perhaps there isn't a downturn in a country with more sheep than people
>
> That's a little harsh, New Zealand is one of those places that really
> appeals as a decent place to live.

It is. And when it isn't so hot (mid summer) Australia is also quite decent.

> At the end of the day, we got ourselves into this mess (cheap credit,
> lenders not checking people could actually repay their debts, etc.), we
> have no-one to blame but ourselves.

Add to this (from the perspective of anyone living there) - a stupid war and
throwing handouts at car makings who make products that people don't want to
buy - watch 'who killed the electric car' on youtube.

The poster is based in the USA, so it could well be that bad for him.

As for his opinions about the rest of the world, well Fox and CNN are always
reliable and educational.....