[asterisk-users] Open Source in an Economic Downturn: Asterisk stories needed

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Feb 18 10:39:21 CST 2009

Michael wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:37:57 John Todd wrote:
>
>> I'm giving a talk at SCALE 2009 (Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo) on
>> Sunday in Los Angeles, and the topic of my talk is "Open Source in an
>> Economic Downturn".  I've got lots of talking points for this talk,
>> but it would be interesting to hear some short anecdotes about how you
>> in the Asterisk community are thriving, or at least surviving, by
>> virtue of the benefits of Open Source.  I find that real-world
>> examples are worth more than all of the bullet points in the world,
>> and timely stories from the community would be more interesting than
>> hearing me prattle on.
>>

> What "economic downturn"?
>
> I'm sick and tired of hearing this mantra.
>
> Michael

Perhaps there isn't a downturn in a country with more sheep than people,
but MOST of the rest of the world is headed downhill rapidly.
This could easily turn into a decade long period, with few having any
real answers.
If people are out of a job, they can't buy much of anything, and
telephone and computer services certainly go by the wayside long before
food and shelter

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot