[asterisk-users] call picking and transfers

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed Feb 11 16:16:03 CST 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere schrieb:
> Working on some niche requests from one of my hotel clients.  asterisk
> 1.4.20-1 on CentOS, Polycom 501s.
>
> The first request is for the Polycom's screen to show the CID of the
> inbound caller when a call pick is executed, so the picker knows if the
> call is internal or external.  I have already "worked around" this issue
> by using ALERT info to give seperate ring tones for outside and inside,
> but they are used to their old Nortel switch which apparently showed the
> CID immediately after the pick, and they then knew how to answer the
> phone.
>
> The second is to show CID information on the screen when a call has been
> answered by the front desk, then a blind transfer sent to an internal
> phone.  Today they simply see "Front Desk" and there is no indication of
> who the actual caller is to distinguish internal staff, internal guest
> room, or outside caller.
>
> Has anyone attacked these things with Polycom that might share their
> approach?

These bugs cover the functionality you need I guess:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5014
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13827
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8824

However none of the patches are likely to be merged into 1.4.

   Philipp Kempgen

--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de
Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de