[asterisk-users] call picking and transfers

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Feb 11 15:35:34 CST 2009

Howdy,

Working on some niche requests from one of my hotel clients.  asterisk
1.4.20-1 on CentOS, Polycom 501s.

The first request is for the Polycom's screen to show the CID of the
inbound caller when a call pick is executed, so the picker knows if the
call is internal or external.  I have already "worked around" this issue
by using ALERT info to give seperate ring tones for outside and inside,
but they are used to their old Nortel switch which apparently showed the
CID immediately after the pick, and they then knew how to answer the
phone.

The second is to show CID information on the screen when a call has been
answered by the front desk, then a blind transfer sent to an internal
phone.  Today they simply see "Front Desk" and there is no indication of
who the actual caller is to distinguish internal staff, internal guest
room, or outside caller.

Has anyone attacked these things with Polycom that might share their
approach?

Thanks!