[asterisk-users] Aastra phone crashes with Asterisk 1.6

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:06:37 CST 2009

2009/2/11 OCG Technical Support <support at ocg.ca>:
> Don't expect too much from Aastra.  In our previous dealings trying to
> report serious bugs (like phone lockup/crash) to Aastra, they didn't want
> the details, or they simply gave us canned answers which did no good.
> (Superficial tech support)
>
> We've moved away from Aastra for new installs, but we still have to support
> old customers with Aastra....

Aastra prefer you to handle support through the person who sold you
the phone. Not unreasonable I suppose...

Assuming you understand IP networking and SIP reasonably well, I would
suggest capturing a trace of all UDP traffic between Asterisk and the
phone, using tcpdump, and then looking at it in Wireshark's VoIP
decoder as this will at least indicate which party is hanging up, and
will perhaps reveal the reason. If it is after exactly 60 seconds
every time, it is possibly some kind of timeout setting.

I would also trawl through all of the non-default settings on the
Aastras in case one of them is causing the issue.

Regards,
Steve