[asterisk-users] AgentCallBackLogin no longer works after installing asterisk 1.6

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Mon Feb 9 10:19:34 CST 2009

Anthony Francis wrote:
> oumar ndiaye wrote:
>
>> Thanks all for your responses.
>> I am not sure I know every thing AgentCallBackLogin is capable. I
>> don't know either if I have to have all the functions offered by
>> AgentCallBackLogin. All I need is a way to allow call takers to login
>> and before they can take calls. How is this done today in 1.6.
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Philipp Kempgen
>> <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de <mailto:philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Rob Hillis schrieb:
>>     > ...except that Macros are now deprecated and will most likely be
>>     removed
>>     > in 1.8.
>>     >
>>     > Robert Broyles wrote:
>>     >> Looks like using a Macro and the 'M' Dial() option is the way
>>     to go for
>>     >> now if you need the answer confirmation.
>>
>>     Use U() and Gosubs then!
>>

>>       Philipp Kempgen
>>

> So here is what I have come up with to solve the problem and be light on
> resources,
> This takes any file that already exists and symbolically links it to
> what ever file you specify, this way the caller doesn't ever have to
> listen to a prompt to record their name, then when the agent answers,
> their only real option is to hit 1 to answer the call. I tested this and
> it seems to work.
>
> exten => _X.,1,System(ln -sf /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/vm-Work.gsm
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/priv-callerintros/${IF($[ "${CALLERID(num)}" !=
> ""
> ]?${CALLERID(num)}:NOCALLERID_${EXTEN}${CUT(CHANNEL,/,1)}=${CUT(CHANNEL,/,2)})}.gsm)
> exten => _X.,n,Set(AGENT_LOC=${DB(rockynet/agent/${EXTEN})})
> exten => _X.,n,Dial(Local/${AGENT_LOC}@rockynet-support,20,trp)

Oh and here is the login / out toggle exten I came up with:

exten => *77,1,VMAuthenticate(@rockynet|)
exten =>
*77,n,AddQueueMember(rockynet-service|local/${AUTH_MAILBOX}@rockynet-agents)
exten => *77,n,Read(AGENT_LOC|agent-newlocation)
exten => *77,n,Set(DB(rockynet-1000/${AUTH_MAILBOX})=${AGENT_LOC})
exten => *77,n,Goto(*77-${AQMSTATUS}|1)
exten => *77-ADDED,1,Background(agent-loginok)
exten => *77-ADDED,n,Hangup()
exten =>
*77-MEMBERALREADY,1,RemoveQueueMember(rockynet-service|local/${AUTH_MAILBOX}@rockynet-agents)
exten =>
*77-MEMBERALREADY,n,Set(oldvar=${DB_DELETE(rockynet-/agent/${AUTH_MAILBOX})})
exten => *77-MEMBERALREADY,n,Background(agent-loggedoff)
exten => *77-MEMBERALREADY,n,Hangup()

This is based on that blog post but uses less extensions, I personally
prefer toggle style queue controls.

--
Thank you and have any kind of day you want,

Anthony Francis
Rockynet VOIP