[asterisk-users] AgentCallBackLogin no longer works after installing asterisk 1.6

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Mon Feb 9 10:12:11 CST 2009

oumar ndiaye wrote:
> Thanks all for your responses.
> I am not sure I know every thing AgentCallBackLogin is capable. I
> don't know either if I have to have all the functions offered by
> AgentCallBackLogin. All I need is a way to allow call takers to login
> and before they can take calls. How is this done today in 1.6.
> Thanks.
>

> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Philipp Kempgen
> <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de <mailto:philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>> wrote:
>
>     Rob Hillis schrieb:
>     > ...except that Macros are now deprecated and will most likely be
>     removed
>     > in 1.8.
>     >
>     > Robert Broyles wrote:
>     >> Looks like using a Macro and the 'M' Dial() option is the way
>     to go for
>     >> now if you need the answer confirmation.
>
>     Use U() and Gosubs then!
>

>       Philipp Kempgen
>
>     --
>     AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->
>      http://www.amoocon.de <http://www.amoocon.de/>
>     Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com
>     <http://the-asterisk-book.com/> - http://das-asterisk-buch.de
>     <http://das-asterisk-buch.de/>
>     AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->
>      http://www.amooma.de <http://www.amooma.de/>
>     Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998
>     --

> --
> Oumar Ndiaye
> CTO
> ANTG Telecom
> www.antg.com <http://www.antg.com>
> ondiaye at antg.com <mailto:ondiaye at antg.com>
> ondiaye at alum.mit.edu <mailto:ondiaye at alum.mit.edu>
> ond4444 at gmail.com <mailto:ond4444 at gmail.com>
> Tel: +1-919-291-8742

So here is what I have come up with to solve the problem and be light on
resources,
This takes any file that already exists and symbolically links it to
what ever file you specify, this way the caller doesn't ever have to
listen to a prompt to record their name, then when the agent answers,
their only real option is to hit 1 to answer the call. I tested this and
it seems to work.

exten => _X.,1,System(ln -sf /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/vm-Work.gsm
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/priv-callerintros/${IF($[ "${CALLERID(num)}" !=
""
]?${CALLERID(num)}:NOCALLERID_${EXTEN}${CUT(CHANNEL,/,1)}=${CUT(CHANNEL,/,2)})}.gsm)
exten => _X.,n,Set(AGENT_LOC=${DB(rockynet/agent/${EXTEN})})
exten => _X.,n,Dial(Local/${AGENT_LOC}@rockynet-support,20,trp)

--
Thank you and have any kind of day you want,

Anthony Francis
Rockynet VOIP