[asterisk-users] can anybody tell me how Magic jack can be so cheap ????

Kinjal Dixit kinjal.dixit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 23:28:08 CST 2009

the ads will start once there is critical mass.  the following are the
scenarios for ads:
1. when you dial a number, before hearing the ringing, you have to listen to
an ad.  the length of the ad would be proportional to the intensity of your
usage... the more you use, the longer the ads.
2. when the caller answers, they will first hear magic jack promo, then they
will hear your voice.
3. the call in interrupted every few minutes to play an ad to both parties.
4. they will give an ad free service if you pay a higher charge.

I just hope I am not giving the people at magicjack any ideas, but if I am,
I would sure appreciate if they pay me!!

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM, <k4rjj at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>   Never seen any ads except for them.  Actually the thing sits on a server
> down in the garage so I don't see anything!  Darn thing just works!  I
> bought it as a second line when the wife is using the copper line to work.
>

> Ronny K4RJJ
>
> -------------- Original message from Forrest W Christian <fwc at mt.net>:
>

> > Or more accurately, they believe they can follow the NetZero or Juno
> > model (Free in exchange for ads being pushed to you).
> >
> > -forrest
> >
> > C F wrote:
> > > They believe they have advertisement revenues.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjaldixit

open networker