[asterisk-users] can anybody tell me how Magic jack can be so cheap ????

Sam asterisk at net153.net
Sat Feb 7 23:22:03 CST 2009

k4rjj at bellsouth.net wrote:

>  Never seen any ads except for them.  Actually the thing sits on a
> server down in the garage so I don't see anything!  Darn thing just
> works!  I bought it as a second line when the wife is using the copper
> line to work.
>

> Ronny K4RJJ

The way most people interpret the eula is that magic jack can actually
listen in on your calls and send you customized ads based on what you
talk about.  How you get these ads I don't know.  I am also too lazy to
read the eula myself, and I don't use the service anyway.
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/04/14/magicjacks-eula-says.html

Sam