[asterisk-users] SIP Issue

James A. Shigley jas at answeringserv.com
Mon Dec 28 12:11:35 CST 2009

Alright I have a SIP phone located off premises with a very annoying
issue.

Well I say a sip phone it is actually two phones hooked to a Cisco Spa
2102

Link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10026/index.html

Each phone being a different line/extension.

Alright either line can ALWAYS make outbound calls no issue. The problem
is on the Inbound side. I'm completely stumped as to why. I could make
10 back to back out bound calls and then call inbound and watch the call
come in to * and try to be passed to the sip phone only to get "Error
Message 14: Not a Working Number." So it doesn't seem to be a matter of
the phones Sip Login "Timing out"

And when I check sip peers it shows the correct IP address of the box so
it doesn't appear to be that it can't find the Cisco box.

Here is what I use for the inbound context, replacing the _X_ with the
actual extension of course.

[to_ddwhome]

exten=> _X_,1,wait(1)

exten=> _X_,n,Dial(${ddwhome},21)

exten=> _X_,n,Goto(dial_inf,${EXTEN},1)

${ddwhome}=SIP/ddwhome

Now the odd thing is when it gets the Error 14 message then the third
step to dial_inf does not execute. Though when it rarely does connect
with the sip phone if no one answers in 21 seconds than it will roll
over to that step.

Any ideas?

James Shigley

Monroe Telephone Answering Service

409-981-9213

Infinity 5.51,UC 4.02.3803, Blink 3.0.104

Ecreator:2.21, eResponse 1.1.7

Webportal,WebApps,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information =is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.