[asterisk-users] Upgrading an AA50 and finding zap drivers - lack of Digium support

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Wed Dec 23 14:05:54 CST 2009

Hi there

I have a client who has an AA50 from DIgium. I am really challenged getting any support as the client doesn't have any of the original registration or subscription info, someone did the install and left without any records. I thought okay we can ask Digium, but you can't get help wthout registering your product and you can't register your product without your subscription info.

I did get one response which was to email customer services and eventually found an email address for them but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Perhaps my expectations are too high but it was an email a week ago and no response, not even to say go away.

Its really disappointing and amazingly hard to believe such a system exists. Perhaps no one else in the world loses their registration info.

I need to upgrade the AA50 to the latest firmware, and just get some general support for the setup, as it doesn't seem to have picked up Zap and I think perhaps the CF card has died. Does anyone have any pointers as who to talk to. I see lots of digium people on the list so I am hoping someone can help me.

Thanks very much

Merry Xmas

Cheers Duncan