[asterisk-users] how to check Asterisk SIP registration

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 05:42:25 CST 2009

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I did not post the "sip show peers" output because I did not have time to save it but I'm fairly sure that qualify was "OK" and that IP addresses did show up.
NAT/firewall is not an issue because Asterisk and the sip devices are on the same network (open LAN).

Anyway, regardless of the "sip show peers" output, the fact that the SIP devices registered fine and communication was re-established after killing asterisk and starting it, demonstrates that the root cause is not the "network" but the Asterisk's SIP service.

I am using an alias IP address on the SIP server. Usually it works fine but maybe this time something went wrong. At the time I had my issue, I checked that the alias IP address was defined. Maybe Asterisk's SIP service was not correctly bound/listening to that alias IP address...
Maybe removing and adding the alias IP address would have magically solved the issue but I did not try that.

Can the SIP service be restarted without affecting the rest of Asterisk? (I don't think "sip reload" does this)

Thanks,

Vieri