[asterisk-users] What changed in Directed PickUp between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Dec 21 02:34:30 CST 2009

2009/12/21 Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net>

> 21 dec 2009 kl. 00.04 skrev Olivier:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm banging my head over this.
> >
> > Usually, I'm using a SIP hardphone feature called "Call Pickup Starcode"
> to enhance BLF with Directed Call Pickup :
> > basically, SIP hardphone (here a Thomson ST2030S) is configured to send
> an INVITE message whenever a BLF is pressed while blinking.
> > The INVITE is build with the extension number (attached to the BLF that
> was blinking and pressed) prepended by a customizable Starcode sequence.
> >
> > For instance, when extension 142 is ringing (and *8 is the CallPickup
> Starcode), pressing the associated BLF would make the hardphone send an
> INVITE to extension *8142.
> >
> > With 1.6.1.11, this INVITE is treated as if "call picker" had dialed
> *8142 : it enters dialplan with appropriate extension and context.
> > With 1.6.2.0,  this INVITE fails with message like:
> > chan_sip.c:19814 handle_request_invite: Trying to pick up 462 at subs
> > The worst thing is that the INVITE message seems ignored and "Call
> Picker" phone keeps waiting for a reply from Asterisk.
> >

> > Reading UPGRADE-1.6.txt didn't gave me any clue (as I suspected a change
> in call-limit, counteronpeer, ... variable in sip.conf).
> >
> > Is someone successfully using Directed Pickup with 1.6.2 ?
> >

> The first paragraph under "SIP CHANGES" in CHANGES reads:
> " * Added support for SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY with dialog-info based call pickups.
>   Snom phones use this for call pickup of extensions that the phone is
>   subscribed to.
> "
>
> I bet it's this code that messes with you. I am not aware of the details of
> the implementation, so I can't say if there's a way to turn it off.

Hi Olle,

Yes, I've read this paragraph before posting and to be honest, I couldn't
see any obvious relation with my issue as in my case, BLF are not fully
broken : BLF are blinking, on and off as usual, and pressing a blinking BLF
generates an INVITE.

The only change I saw, is that with 1.6.1, when Asterisk receives a
BLF-generated INVITE *8142, it enters appropriate context and extension and
now, with 1.6.2, it doesn't though it still accept hand-typed *8142
sequence.

I'll dig deeper as obviously, there must be a difference somewhere between
both INVITEs (the one when typing a *8142 sequence and the one generated
when pressing a blinking BLF).