[asterisk-users] What changed in Directed PickUp between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 ?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Dec 21 01:41:08 CST 2009

21 dec 2009 kl. 00.04 skrev Olivier:

> Hi,
>
> I'm banging my head over this.
>
> Usually, I'm using a SIP hardphone feature called "Call Pickup Starcode" to enhance BLF with Directed Call Pickup :
> basically, SIP hardphone (here a Thomson ST2030S) is configured to send an INVITE message whenever a BLF is pressed while blinking.
> The INVITE is build with the extension number (attached to the BLF that was blinking and pressed) prepended by a customizable Starcode sequence.
>
> For instance, when extension 142 is ringing (and *8 is the CallPickup Starcode), pressing the associated BLF would make the hardphone send an INVITE to extension *8142.
>
> With 1.6.1.11, this INVITE is treated as if "call picker" had dialed *8142 : it enters dialplan with appropriate extension and context.
> With 1.6.2.0,  this INVITE fails with message like:
> chan_sip.c:19814 handle_request_invite: Trying to pick up 462 at subs
> The worst thing is that the INVITE message seems ignored and "Call Picker" phone keeps waiting for a reply from Asterisk.
>

> Reading UPGRADE-1.6.txt didn't gave me any clue (as I suspected a change in call-limit, counteronpeer, ... variable in sip.conf).
>
> Is someone successfully using Directed Pickup with 1.6.2 ?

The first paragraph under "SIP CHANGES" in CHANGES reads:
" * Added support for SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY with dialog-info based call pickups.
   Snom phones use this for call pickup of extensions that the phone is
   subscribed to.
"

I bet it's this code that messes with you. I am not aware of the details of the implementation, so I can't say if there's a way to turn it off.

/O