[asterisk-users] ATA FXO

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:21:39 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Thank for suggestion.
> Well, it is not that cheap but the problem with their equipment is luck support and decent manual.

I actually find the Quick-start guide that comes in the box the most
useful, if you aren't doing anything strange.

> Whatever I google about AudioCodecs everybody seems to be straggling with the setup; I don't think
> this should be that hard to write a decent instructions if they want to sell their product.
> Maybe they have a good product but without support it will not mean much.

While I agree about the manual being a little difficult, the actual
support from AudioCodes is great.  They want you to get support
through the reseller or distributor, but you can purchase direct
support too.  If you do that then you can call them up and talk to an
engineer.  They will even Web-X in and show you how to do something if
they don't have a quick how-to document to email you on the subject.

The interface is also a bit overwhelming at first, and forget the
console.  However once you get the configuration set, export it out as
a text file and make a template.  I can't speak specifically to
Caller-ID on FXO ports, as I mainly use them for FXS and local 911
gateways.

-Jonathan