[asterisk-users] ATA FXO

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 22:31:17 CST 2009

On 12/12/09 04:02, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
[snip]

>> Thank for suggestion.
>> Well, it is not that cheap but the problem with their equipment is luck support and decent manual.
>> Whatever I google about AudioCodecs everybody seems to be straggling with the setup; I don't think this should be that hard to write a decent instructions
>> if they want to sell their product.
>> Maybe they have a good product but without support it will not mean much.
>> eg.:
>> http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/trunks/trixbox-2-2-and-audio-codes-mp-114-fxo-setup
>>

>Well now that you have shot down just about every decent piece of hardware
>that has been suggested, you are probably left with designing your own!  I
>totally disagree with your comments on Audiocodes... excellent product.

I've not totally excluded Audiocodes yet; but I don't want to keep hunting Internet for hours to try to configure simple things; I've notice some folks
keep struggling to configure the Audiocodes unit to pass "caller ID" from PSTN to asterisk and I've not found a solution yet.

I already have enough "door stoppers" and I don't need another one especially that this one is not cheap.
I don't mind to pay the price but I don't want to spend hours or days trying to configure it.

For example Linksys 3102 is easy to configure plenty of support and examples; it take me below 5min to set it up (the only problem with those units is the
echo on PSTN line).
I would like to buy brand new original Sipura 3000 but cannot find them anymore, I have been using two for over 4-years and they are working perfectly for
me.

--
Joseph