[asterisk-users] ATA FXO

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:56:05 CST 2009

On 12/11/09 21:21, Jonathan Thurman wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:
>[snip]
>> Thank for suggestion.
>> Well, it is not that cheap but the problem with their equipment is luck support and decent manual.
>
>I actually find the Quick-start guide that comes in the box the most
>useful, if you aren't doing anything strange.

I don't want to do anything out of the ordinary. All calls are controlled by Asterisk, so call comes IN on PSTN line (3sec delay to pass caller ID) and is
forwarded to Asterisk.  All internal extension whatever equipment I use (sipura, linksys, iaxy101) should be able to call out on PSTN line using Asterisk
dial plan.
Nothing special.

>> Whatever I google about AudioCodecs everybody seems to be straggling with the setup; I don't think
>> this should be that hard to write a decent instructions if they want to sell their product.
>> Maybe they have a good product but without support it will not mean much.
>
>While I agree about the manual being a little difficult, the actual
>support from AudioCodes is great.  They want you to get support
>through the reseller or distributor, but you can purchase direct
>support too.  If you do that then you can call them up and talk to an
>engineer.  They will even Web-X in and show you how to do something if
>they don't have a quick how-to document to email you on the subject.
>
>The interface is also a bit overwhelming at first, and forget the
>console.  However once you get the configuration set, export it out as
>a text file and make a template.  I can't speak specifically to
>Caller-ID on FXO ports, as I mainly use them for FXS and local 911
>gateways.
>
>-Jonathan

I'll keep looking into it but from my experience support from equipment sellers is not the best one; all they want is to make a sale, once the product is
through the door you can hardly get reply from them if you have a question.
Now, paying 400.00 and still subscribing to support is a bit too much.  Simple configuration plan with PBX like asterisk should be posted on tier web-page.

If only Sangoma had this kind of product I jump right in; they have a good web support.

--
Joseph