[asterisk-users] Source-IP on Asterisk DRBD/-HA-Cluster wrong

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Dec 3 16:05:43 CST 2009

On 4/12/09 9:28 AM, Scott L. Lykens wrote:
> Apologize for not directly answering your questions, however, I'm
> considering playing with Remus and Xen in the future to deal with high
> availability without dropping calls.
>
> See http://dsg.cs.ubc.ca/remus/ for some details.
>
> I have no idea if it will work or what the implications are but I
> noticed that in doing research for some other projects and made a note
> of it to try in the future.

Yeah, I was looking at that too - haven't had much time to work on it
further, but if it can handle running Asterisk cleanly it looks like a
pretty nice solution.

I'm just not 100% convinced that it will work in a real time environment
rather than for hosting web sites.

I'm sure that it would be perfect if you wanted failover web sites
without any downtime, but wonder how it would work with Asterisk.

Post your progress as you move through it :)

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director