[asterisk-users] Source-IP on Asterisk DRBD/-HA-Cluster wrong

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Thu Dec 3 16:16:32 CST 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 5:05 PM, Matt Riddell wrote:

> On 4/12/09 9:28 AM, Scott L. Lykens wrote:
>> Apologize for not directly answering your questions, however, I'm
>> considering playing with Remus and Xen in the future to deal with high
>> availability without dropping calls.
>>
>> See http://dsg.cs.ubc.ca/remus/ for some details.
>>
>> I have no idea if it will work or what the implications are but I
>> noticed that in doing research for some other projects and made a note
>> of it to try in the future.
>
> Yeah, I was looking at that too - haven't had much time to work on it
> further, but if it can handle running Asterisk cleanly it looks like a
> pretty nice solution.
>
> I'm just not 100% convinced that it will work in a real time environment
> rather than for hosting web sites.
>
> I'm sure that it would be perfect if you wanted failover web sites
> without any downtime, but wonder how it would work with Asterisk.
>
> Post your progress as you move through it :)

If you're using just SIP to SIP, a better option would be a pure sip proxy, ala Kamailio/SER, etc. They can survive a failover without a drop. If you're using Asterisk during the call for media, recording, etc., I couldn't think of a solution where that would not result in the calls on the specific instance ending.

---fred
http://qxork.com