[asterisk-users] Creating an ISDN PRI-to-SIP/IAX2 gateway

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Aug 12 15:05:10 CDT 2009

Shashi Dookhee escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to setup a really lean Asterisk installation that essentially has a full ISDN PRI (AT&T, T1, 23 B-chans, 1 D-chan, BZ8S, 5ESS, National dialplan) on a Digium TE207P adapter that all it does is convert the ISDN channels to SIP/IAX channels.  Then I would add this Asterisk 'gateway' as a provider on one (or many) Asterisk systems on the back.
>
> With such a config I don't need anything like Voicemails, mailboxes, etc...  All I want it to do is accept calls and 'passthru' the caller ID, and when it receives a call, send it to the appropriate Asterisk server based on Called ID (and, of course, passthru that 'Called ID' too).
>
> Any help is appreciated - the Asterisk config files are overwhelming and we need to get this done pretty quickly!
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> S.

Fair simple:

1. Configure your PRI correctly on zaptel.conf and zapata.conf. On
zapata.conf your define a context for each span or group of spans. That
context will be where a call will be routed into the dialplan, for
example pri-incoming.
2. Create a dialplan (extensions.conf) with callerid patterns that do a
Dial() to the appropriate asterisk servers, for example:

[pri-incoming]
exten => _1XXX,1,Dial(SIP/ast1)
exten => _1XXX,n,Hangup()

exten => _2XXX,1,Dial(SIP/ast2)
exten => _2XXX,n,Hangup()

exten => _3XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/ast1)
exten => _3XXX,n,Hangup()

exten => _3XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/ast2)
exten => _3XXX,n,Hangup()

That way you get an incoming ISDN PRI to SIP or IAX2 gateway. Modify the
dialplan patterns according to your needs. For your PRI zaptel.conf and
zapata.conf there's plenty or info on the web to setup it.

Hope you get the idea.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina