[asterisk-users] Creating an IAX/SIP-to-ISDN PRI gateway

Shashi Dookhee sdookhee at fortify.com
Wed Aug 12 14:33:36 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to setup a really lean Asterisk installation that essentially has a full ISDN PRI (AT&T, T1, 23 B-chans, 1 D-chan, BZ8S, 5ESS, National dialplan) on a Digium TE207P adapter that all it does is convert the ISDN channels to SIP/IAX channels.  Then I would add this Asterisk 'gateway' as a provider on one (or many) Asterisk systems on the back.

With such a config I don't need anything like Voicemails, mailboxes, etc...  All I want it to do is accept calls and 'passthru' the caller ID, and when it receives a call, send it to the appropriate Asterisk server based on Called ID (and, of course, passthru that 'Called ID' too).

Any help is appreciated - the Asterisk config files are overwhelming and we need to get this done pretty quickly!

Thanks in advance for your help!

S.