[asterisk-users] Anyone had any luck with SIP clients on the iPhone platform?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 00:59:40 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Alex Balashov<abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
> Which generation of the handset are you using?  They differ in their
> processing power and that may account for at least some of it.

Alex, this is just an iPod Touch, not even a handset. It doesn't have
a mic at all, I had to add one. But using fairly standard "debug"
logic,

The mic isn't noisy because it records beautifully.

The SIP services all exhibit the same problem

Skype works well!

So I inculpate the two SIP clients or their configuration.

iSip and WeePhone. Although Skype works, it doesn't satisfy the
obvious requirement of connecting to my services via SIP. That would
allow me to get calls within wifi range on a SIP pbx of my choice.
Although I could make calls as well, that is better done with a real
phone ;)