[asterisk-users] Anyone had any luck with SIP clients on the iPhone platform?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 7 00:15:18 CDT 2009

Which generation of the handset are you using?  They differ in their
processing power and that may account for at least some of it.

For example, I had a first-generation EDGE iPhone and tried SIP clients
over wifi and couldn't get anything useful out of them either.  I'm yet
to attempt it again with the since-upgraded 3G version but suspect the
results might be better.  It's hard to say, though.

As for VoIP over 3G, well, AT&T's 3G + the iPhone's inherent flakyness
is so bad down here in LATA 438 as a combination that I don't see that
happening, even though I've seen folks pull it off with cheerful success
on Sprint and T-Mobile 3G via tether.