[asterisk-users] sip.conf parameter and sip msg between server <-> client

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Aug 5 14:22:23 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 14:32 +0200, harry R wrote:
> - what's the difference between a subscribe request et a register
> request ?

A subscription in the SIP protocol is saying "Hey, I'd like to be
notified when something happens."  This is most often used when a phone
wants to subscribe to the state of another extension, or to the status
of a voicemail box.

A registration is where one SIP device tells another "Hey, I'm over
here.  If you get any calls for me, send them to me at this IP address
and port."

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager