[asterisk-users] T.38 and reinvite

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:06:03 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Benny Amorsen<benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Is there a way to get ONLY T.38 reinvite without Asterisk trying to get
> out of the media path?

That's an excellent question. As you've realized, T.38 works by
initializing the SIP connection as audio over a chosen codec, and then
if T.38 is offered there's a reinvite to initiate the T.38 session.

Because of this behavior, and because you want to disable the reinvite
for normal audio calls, I think you will have a to use a separate SIP
trunk for faxing. I can't think of any other way to do it. So a second
parallel SIP trunk for each location sounds like the your way out of
this problem.