[asterisk-users] T.38 and reinvite

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sun Aug 2 14:30:57 CDT 2009

I have a setup with a number of customer Asterisks with T.38 enabled.
This works quite well for each customer sending faxes between branch
offices.

They all have a SIP trunk to a central Asterisk, which connects them to
the PSTN through various providers on dedicated lines. I cannot enable
reinvite on those SIP trunks, because that would allow calls from the
customer's phones to get reinvited and talk directly to the central
Asterisk -- and there are firewall rules forbidding that.

Is there a way to get ONLY T.38 reinvite without Asterisk trying to get
out of the media path?

/Benny