[asterisk-users] T.38 and reinvite

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Aug 3 06:59:47 CDT 2009

David Backeberg wrote:

> Because of this behavior, and because you want to disable the reinvite
> for normal audio calls, I think you will have a to use a separate SIP
> trunk for faxing. I can't think of any other way to do it. So a second
> parallel SIP trunk for each location sounds like the your way out of
> this problem.

No, this is not correct. In spite of its name 'canreinvite' being set to
 'no' does *NOT* disable all reINVITE operations. It *only* controls
Asterisk generating reINVITEs for the specific purpose of setting up a
direct media path. If a reINVITE is needed to switch a media stream to
inactive (when placed on hold) or to T.38, it will still be done,
regardless of this setting.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com